Thanks to everyone who helped to make our Volunteer Work Day on Friday, February 18th at Turner House a success! Our volunteers from Mountain View College, Marci Garrott, Alice Atchison, Becky Heiskell, Leonard Garrett, Randy Dunlap, Ella Barton, Jesse Gonzalez, and Weldon Briggs did a fantastic job, led by Heather Marsh. They were enthusiastic, hard-working, and seemed to really enjoy giving back to Turner House. Plus they were a lot of fun! We accomplished A LOT in a single day!
Thanks to Jan Daugherty & Michael Anderson for providing food, cleaning supplies, encouragement, and knowledge about where to focus the efforts of our volunteers. Also helping out from the OCSFA Board were Scott Chase, Linda Holt, and Russ Aikman. A special thanks goes to Barbara Roy who helped to connect Mountain View volunteers to Turner House.
Inside Action Items Completed:
• New lock on back door installed
• New light switch for basement installed
• Small shelving unit assembled and all paint/hardware stuff moved from kitchen island cabinet to basement
• All loose tools removed from stairs
• Kitchen island base cabinets cleaned
• Kitchen pantry cleared out, cleaned and reorganized
• OC Parlor drapes vacuumed (they were filthy)
• Proposed new drapery design temporarily installed and photographed in OC Parlor
• Windows and mirrors cleaned in OC Parlor, entry, Blake Salon (more filth!)
• Loose parquet tiles glued down in entryway & Blake Salon
Outside Action Items Completed:
• Blake Salon windows on South side cleaned, along with brick and siding around them (the new Windex system I bought really works!)
• Weeded all flower beds and put in new mulch on South, East, and North sides
• Trimmed shrubs in front of house, and all around parking lot
• Trimmed small shoots at base of all crepe myrtles
• Pruned tops of crepe myrtles in front yard
• Removed chain link fence in Northwest corner of property, including vines still growing in the fence!
• Removed one of the clothesline poles
• Cleaned the benches at the front entrance